Thursday, March 4, 2010

Customer Service

Customer service? What does it mean to you? How do you qualify exceptional customer service? I think that customer service is one of the hardest concepts to get right all the time. Why? Simply because of the main component of the equation: the customer. Customers are people just like business owners and each of them has an expectation as to what they think customer service should be.

I try to always go a little above and beyond that which most people might expect. I may print a Google map for somebody trying to make their way to another address. I may hand out a free sample if I think my product might help somebody. I might refer them to another business if I don't have what they are looking for. I may not be able to satisfy every customer but I always listen and do my best to make it right. I try to give my customers all the tools they need to make the best purchasing decision for themselves.

I always try to treat everyone that comes through my shop door with the same attention. Just the other day, a very elderly lady came into the shop. She was not really interested in buying but she was curious about everything in the store. I took the time to answer all her questions, in between listening to stories about her daughters and great, great grandchildren. She promised to tell them all about the store. I don't know if she will but I know that I paid her the respect of listening and giving her my time. To me the most important thing was her smile when she left.

Tell us about some of the great customer service you have received from a business. Or even let me know if there are ways that I can serve you better. I look forward to reading about it.

3 comments:

maria said...

I think you're doing a great job. Listening is one of the most important thing you can do to a customer. :)

Yummy-as-can-be

VanillaSeven said...

That is the best attention you can give to a customer :)

http://vanillaseven.com/2010/03/08/an-aerial-view-of-new-zealand/

Katrina A Welland said...

You guys do better customer survice then anything there in the city . Even if it's someone browsing the store or just wanted to as questions , you guys are always there to listen ...something business should be doing !! Love your store :)