Saturday, August 8, 2009

A wonderful day

The Muffin clan had a great day yesterday. At the store, we had more people in from the cruise ship than we have ever had! They all really enjoyed our store and all took home a menu to remind them of their visit. We also had the chance to enjoy some of the most delectable sweets in the city from "On The Sweet Side" in the Saint John City Market (Thanks Yolanda and Samantha).

For lunch, we enjoyed the awesome french fries from Urban Deli and fruit smoothies from Sagrati's in the City Market. Later, MiniMuffin and I went out and about, handing out our SudsMuffin menus and party flyers, we found some that there was a free concert going on in King's Square. I listened to them for a while and MiniMuffin decided that she wanted to splash around in the fountain under the bandstand. It was so great to just be there in that atmosphere, with great music, and all the people just enjoying the warm sunny day in the Square.

Just as we were about to close up the shop, some nice folks from the cruise ship came in to see what we were all about. We ended up chatting with them quite a bit. They were from New York and just loved our store. Before they went on their way, they shared the name of a shop that they love in Virginia, called On A Whim Antiques. They are apparently situated in a big barn and have painted the silo pink with black polka dots. I don't know about you, but I think they would get along with the SudsMuffin just fine. Check out their blog and you'll see some of the great treasures they have.

5 comments:

Mana Moon Studios said...

What a great blog you have and such delicious products! Really enjoyed my visit with the "Muffin clan" and looking forward to returning.
All the best ~ Sharon

Audrey said...

Looks like you had a great time!! That fountain looks really cool! LOL

DONNA OWNER OF "ON A WHIM" said...

Great blog, I love it. THANK YOU so very much for stopping by my blog and sharing the information, that was so nice to hear. I surly do hope if you are ever in VA. you will stop by, I know If i ever get out your way I would love to stop in and meet you and see your shop. I again thank you so very much and I wish you the best. I look forward to checking out your posts...

DONNA OWNER OF "ON A WHIM" said...

OH P.S. THANK YOU ALSO FOR THE LINK. I will be adding you to my links, THANK YOU,you have been so wonderful.

~tinyartjewelry~ said...

Sure wish I was closer! Hmmmm, maybe I will just have to jump on a cruise ship!
Karen
http://www.tinyartjewelry.com