Monday, August 3, 2009

A review - Urban Deli

Wow! What a lunch! Anyone who knows me knows I love food. I love all kinds of food. I thrive on the not only the tastes, but the textures, aromas, the sound of food cooking, from boiling water to the sizzle of a beautiful cut of salmon under the broiler. I love food. That being established, I want to tell you about a place that is new to the uptown Saint John area. This wonderful spot is called the Urban Deli and it is located on King St, just down the hill from the Royal Bank.

I was in love the moment I walked through the front door. The ambiance and decor were just to my liking. The staff was extremely friendly, and the best part was you could see the chefs in action. The menu, while not complicated, is original and fresh, boasting marvelous soups, salads and bistro sandwiches that are to die for.

I had the most delicious grilled cheese ever. We are not talking run of the mill here people, I mean there were three totally divine cheeses in this huge sandwich (aged white cheddar, swiss and fontina), grilled just right and served with the best french fries ever. Mrs SudsMuffin had an amazing bowl of fresh macaroni in a double cheese sauce (aged cheddar and swiss). I was completely satisfied and will definitely be making a return trip to this most amazing establishment.











Thank you Urban Deli for a truly great food experience. You get 5 bubbles from the SudsMuffin.

No comments: