Monday, March 17, 2008

My new most favourite YouTube vids!

Anyone who knows me knows I have a love for food. I truly enjoy trying new dishes and experimenting with combined tastes. There is something special to me about learning new cooking techniques. The plethora of palatable pleasure that abides in the panorama of the world's wonderful gastronomic delights is a source of delicious ecstasy for me! With this in mind, I would like to share with all my readers a little thing on YouTube called "Good Eats" with host and chef Alton Brown. There's also a Fan Page for the truly devoted. Now this is no ordinary cooking show. Alton takes the time to explain the science of food in a sort of culinary "cause and effect" way. The recipes are all varied and relatively easy. The episode I watched today taught me how to make one of my all time favorite desserts: Rice Pudding! (Part 1 / Part 2) I had only tried making this creamy aromatic piece of divinity one other time several years ago. The results were..... less than wonderful (I wouldn't feed it to rats). I was greatly discouraged with trying it again, until Alton showed his viewers how simple and easy the process really is. I made some for dessert tonight and it was absolutely scrumptious! Thanks Alton. The flavour was fresh and the texture was smooth and creamy! I am definitely making more today.

I encourage you to check out all the other great videos at "Good Eats" for an entertaining, foodie learning experience.

4 comments:

sherrieg said...

Hello! I was in Saint John last week visiting family, and stopped by your shop (it was Thursday afternoon) but you weren't open. Maybe next time! Happy soaping!

SudsMuffin said...

Oh I'm so sorry we missed you. That was the same afternoon that our daughter was sick and had to go be picked up at school. Hopefully we'll connect another time. Thanks for dropping us a note though.

Crockpot Lady said...

I adore Alton on anything, and love Good Eats.

he is one very cool food guy.

-steph

Câmera Digital said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.