Monday, February 25, 2008

Life is like tomato soup

Tomato soup! Yay! Why such excitement for something so simple? Because sometimes simple is often best. Tomato soup seems so easy, so nonchalant but in actuality Tomato soup is anything but simple. Tomato soup is versatile. You can use it in casseroles, baking, slow cooking, as a base for more complicated soups, etc, etc...

So what does that have to do with life? Well life seems simple on the outside. You wake up, you eat, you work, you play, you eat, you sleep, so no and so on. But just stir it up a bit. Add another ingredient. Change how you use it then suddenly the flavor will change. It goes from simple to exciting!

This is the approach that I like to take with regards to my soap making. I mean after all, soap is soap, at least on the surface. But start adding raw silk, fine quality base oils, high quality fragrances and rich botanicals and the "flavor" changes. The simple becomes exotic, the bland becomes exciting!

So the next time you're offered tomato soup, remember it's what's on the inside that counts.

3 comments:

Moose! said...

You know what? I >>LOVE<< Tomato soup!

And I love your stuff!

And you've been tagged! :o)

The rules are:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Beauty Tyrant said...

Hey, i adore tomato soup. hmm... tomato soup with basil. But I like the way you bring tomato soup to your soaps. Could it be the phonetically similar soup and soap :P I wonder why...

Nonetheless, kudos on your blog. simple and precise, just how I like it

SudsMuffin said...

Moose! Thanks so much for the tag. I'll work on my task.

beauty tyrant, thanks for your fine comment. Sometimes I even have a hard time typing soup. It almost always comes out as "soap". On the other hand, I do have a lovely Tomato Leaf and Basil soap you might be interested in. :D