Monday, June 25, 2007

What IS it with Customer Service lately?

Hey, it's Mrs SudsMuffin again! I just received an email this morning from a local web hosting company, advising me that one of my domains is up for renewal. Here is the email, typos intact:

Hello

The domain name sudsmuffin.ca is do for renewal. Please forward $25.00 to avoid an interruption service. Failure to renew this domain will result in the loss of your rights to this name.

Please let us know if you have any question.

Best Regards,


Now I don't know about you but for a first "reminder"/threat, the tone is unnecessarily harsh, not to mention rife with errors for such a short note. Instead of making me sense the urgency of renewing, I feel threatened, insulted, angry, and consequently, am looking for a new local registrar. What a horrible email to send to a customer! I replied with a link to Seth Godin's blog. I don't know if he'll "get it" though.

Have a great Monday everybody. Drop in to the shop to see us if you're in Saint John. I promise we won't threaten you.

No comments: