Sunday, November 26, 2006

Trying something new!

Friday was a good day with sales better than expected. Saturday, on the other hand, was less than stellar. I just received a new book written by Jeffrey Gitomer. I hope that some of the information and advice will be adaptable to the "Sales" side of the business. I am truly grateful to my loyal customers and it is in that light that I am trying to increase my sales ability. I want them to want to buy because I have something they really truly need. I want to be able to learn how to find what it is they need without being too aggressive. I want to develop my humor but still be taken seriously as a business person. I try never to give information that is misleading about my products. I make no over-inflated medical claims about my products, but I do relate some of the great results my faithful customers have shared with me.

One of my favorite stories involves a customer whose hands were in horrid shape due to her work environment. Her skin was damaged to the point that it was cracking and bleeding. I explained about the virtues of Shea Butter. She was willing to try anything so she bought some and in about 3 months she came back in to buy some more and her hands were almost completely cleared up. Needless to say we were both very pleased with the results. These are the kinds of stories and testimonials I hear from my Shea Butter customers over and over. If improving my selling ability allows more people to experience benefits from Shea, then the minimal cost is worth that.

No comments: